1. Brush your teeth after each meal.
2. Drink water- heaps. 2-3L each day. It keeps you full and often we mistake hunger for thirst, so if you keep yourself hydrated you will avoid eating when you don't need to.
3. Sleep. We eat more when we are tired and we tend to make poorer food choices too.
4. No snacking/eating late at night. Use tip 1 and brush your teeth when you've finished your dinner and no more eating. This is one of the worst habits that contributes to weight gain. Obviously, this doesn't apply to nights out. When it's party time, follow tip 5.
5. Have half. When it's time to indulge- festive treats and booze- have half of your usual serving. So, plate half full and glass half full. Instantly you are halving your energy/calorie intake, but you still get to enjoy yourself.
6. Get your cardio in early. Wake up and walk... or run, cycle etc. Fasted cardio is a great way to tap into your stored body fat reserves. Give it a good hour, but you don't need to over do it, just be consistent.